How Radon Gas Enters Homes
Radon is a colorless, odorless, tasteless radioactive gas produced from the natural decay of the element radium in rocks and soils worldwide. Normally, some of the radon produced in the ground migrates to the surface and becomes a natural part of the air we breathe. Under certain conditions radon may seep into buildings through cracks and other openings in the foundation walls and floor and accumulate to very high concentrations. Radon dissolved in the groundwater may also enter a home through the water supply system and contribute to the overall concentration of radon in the indoor air. Concentrations of radon in air and in water are measured in units of picocuries per liter (pCi/L).
The National Academy of Sciences (NAS) and the United States Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA) estimate that radon is responsible for approximately 19,000 fatal cancers in the United States each year, most are lung cancers associated with radon in indoor air. Also, most radon-related lung cancer occur among smokers and former smokers.
SANI-TRED is Your Best Radon Elimination Value Anywhere, and We’re Willing to Prove It!
Completely Waterproof your Basement and Protect Your Family from Radon at the Same Time!
Two Lifetime warranties in one! Basement Waterproofing with Radon Elimination. Transform wet, dusty, damp, dangerous, unusable basement space in your home into one of the driest and cleanest parts of your home!
SANI-TRED Radon Gas Elimination Test Results
Below are the measured radon test results of an average residential home basement in New Hampshire (installed by the home owners)
- Radon Levels Before SANI-TRED Installation: 155.3 pCi/L
- Level of Radon considered acceptable: Below 4.00 pCi/L
- Radon Levels Immediately after SANI-TRED Installation: Main Living Area 0.2 pCi/L
- Radon Levels Immediately after SANI-TRED Installation: Secondary “Utility Area” 0.9 pCi/L
(“Utility Area” has native stone walls and remaining open earth pits for through pipe utilities.)
As demonstrated from test results, SANI-TRED customers receive unmatched Radon level reduction as well as completely waterproofing and damp proofing their basements at the same time!
How often in life do we receive such a double value bonus!
Do It Yourself Radon Elimination and Basement Waterproofing System Combined!
Sani-Tred is the only problem radon elimination system available today. All other companies and systems ‘mitigate radon’, in other words attempt to reduce radon by redirecting it before it enters or after it already enters the basement. Radon mitigation systems and radon abatement systems are indirect and ineffective methods of dealing with intruding problem radon gas. Radon gas can enter the basement along with water, moisture and vapor. Radon remediation systems are not intended to stop radon, water, moisture or vapor therefore your basement will still be left susceptible. Radon gas removal and radon reduction is a thing of the past. We eliminate NOT mitigate.
The Definition of Mitigation: To act in such a way as to cause a condition or offense to seem less serious or to make less severe or milder.
The Definition of Abatement: Reduction or interruption in the intensity or amount of something.
With Sani-Tred products you will NOT mitigate, you’ll ELIMINATE! Sani-Tred products stop problem radon i n its tracks forever regardless of the current condition of the basement. Sani-Tred products do not work some of the time or most of the time, it works EVERY TIME. Sani-Tred’s Unique Product Qualities are: Flexible Penetration®, Permanent Elongation®, and Elongation Memory®
University Of Wisconsin Milwaukee Lab Testing
We are happy to announce that in a University of Wisconsin Lab Testing Sani-Tred’s PermaFlex (with 3 coats on concrete) has passed an unprecedented vacuum testing 29″ Hg for 110 hours.
This is a perfect score and could not be any better for interior basement waterproofing! With a proven 99% effectiveness at eliminating radon and a perfect score of 29″ Hg for 110 hours no other product or system in the world is as effective as SANI-TRED FOR ELIMINATING PROBLEM RADON LEVELS.
Step by Step Basement Waterproofing:
The following steps will show you How to Waterproof a Basement with SANI-TRED®.
1. “Prepare” the substrate. Make sure it is clean, dry, free of any previous applied products, foreign matter and loose or crumbling material.
2. “Prime” the substrate: Apply 1 coat of PermaFlex® (240 sq ft per gal). Concrete block surfaces need 2 prime coats of PermaFlex® basement waterproofing products because it is more porous than standard poured concrete. The first coat of PermaFlex® penetrates deep to permanently lock and seal within the pores of the concrete. The second coat begins filling the pores, pock holes & pin holes near the surface.
Sanitred’s Basement Waterproofing Products Unique Qualities explains and demonstrates how PermaFlex® basement waterproofing products permanently adheres to concrete.
Basement Waterproofing Preparation
3. “Patch” and profile any joints, seams, cracks, holes and rough areas using LRB/TAV mixture. 2-parts LRB (Liquid Rubber Base) is mixed with 1-part TAV (Thickening Activator) to create a thick caulk-like mixture. A 1″ diameter caulk bead of LRB/TAV mixture is applied where the wall meets the floor. Most cracks use a 3/4″ diameter caulk bead.
LRB/TAV “Round Caulk Bead Chart”
Primed Then Patched
Primed Then Patched Block Walls
4. “Topcoat”: Apply 1 coat of PermaFlex® (240 sq ft per gal).
Basement Waterproofing Top Coat Block Walls
Poured concrete basements need a total of 2 coats PermaFlex®; walls and floors. Concrete block walls need a total of 3 coats PermaFlex® because blocked walls are extremely porous. Once the SANI-TRED® basement waterproofing products have been applied, water, moisture or vapor can never enter the basement. PermaFlex® can be brushed, rolled or even sprayed! SANI-TRED® basement waterproofing products also eliminate problem radon.
Poured Concrete Basement
Cement Block Basement
Read More in the “Basement Waterproofing” Section: