Here are a few pics of the job we did in San Miguel de Allende, MX. We started application at 7 AM in fairly cool temps (mid-60’s). We finished at 6:30 PM. It reached 98 degrees at 3 PM with a LOT of reflected heat coming off the product. Overall it went very well, especially working through the learning curve. The homeowner is really excited about the new roof.
This March my wife and I relocated from Delaware to Central New York, purchasing a beautiful 3-year-old home in the country. About 3 weeks after moving in we had 3 days of rain and I noticed we had a flood in the basement under the front porch deck.
The front porch is a raised 150 sq. ft. concrete slab with 4 decorative wooden columns supporting a pitched roof. The basement extends beneath the front porch. The porch is open to the weather and, consequently, gets a soaking every time it rains.
I’ve had experience with water getting into the basement of other homes we’ve owned, so I was not happy with my discovery. I’ve tried all kinds of other products to keep water out and none of them have ever worked. This time I was determined to try something different.
I spent about 2 weeks searching the Internet for solutions to my water problem and found your site. I was intrigued with your products but I wasn’t sure if you were just another one of those companies with a so-called solution that really didn’t work.
I sent you a few e-mails and I was pleased with the rapid responses and the thorough answers to my questions. I then called your office with a few questions and I was delighted to get good answers. Your solid communications with me helped me with my decision and I called you back to order the materials I needed for my application.
I applied a heavy duty textured system to my deck floor on July 6th and 7th. First, I etched the concrete. My concrete was badly pitted on half of the deck; most bad areas were about 1/8” deep, some were 1/4” deep. So I primed the joints and the pitted areas with PermaFlex, applied a LRB/TAV mix to the wall/floor joint and flood coated the low spots with LRB. Then I coated everything with PermaFlex and applied the rubber granules; it was tricky applying these to the 4” vertical edge of the slab but I developed a method that worked out well. I coated the granules with LRB. And, finally, I applied a dark-gray PermaFlex-AL topcoat.
I’ve been waiting for a good rain to see whether or not I got the results I had hoped for. Well, the heavens opened up here yesterday in Central New York. We had 5 inches of rain in the last 24 hours and roads are washed out everywhere. My first stop this morning was the front door. When I opened it I saw the water sitting on the deck surface. There were several small ponds and water droplets everywhere…just what I wanted to see. I then went to inspect the basement and could not find 1 single drop of water anywhere. I moved the 3 five-gallon pails into storage since I don’t think I’ll need them again to catch water.
Bottom line: your products solved my problem. Moreover, my wife and I are delighted with how nice the dark gray system looks. Thank you Sanitred.Vic Norman