Waterproofing is an important part of protecting your basement and anything in it. After you’ve successfully waterproofed your basement, you’ll notice an immediate improvement in how you enjoy the new space. Part of waterproofing your basement is choosing the right coating and making sure it lasts.
Concrete is a solid flooring material, but it’s not impermeable. While it doesn’t look like it, concrete is actually a quite porous material. Concrete surfaces have numerous tiny pores. While these pores allow concrete to effectively “breathe”, they also allow moisture to get through to the surface.
For more information on moisture vapor transmission and how to stop it, visit SANI-TRED.
Air conditioners are the saving grace of long, hot summers. And if you’re going to enjoy the comfort of an air conditioned home, you’ll need to make sure your air conditioner works properly. Those of us here SANI-TRED® want to help you stay cool this summer, so we’ve compiled another list of 5 common air conditioner problems.
Problem: Air conditioner won’t turn on
If your air conditioner won’t turn on, it could be as simple as your thermostat not being set correctly. Make sure your thermostat is set and power is going to the unit. This will fix most power-related issues. (more…)
You love your air conditioner. They keep the air cool and comfortable in times where the outside isn’t as forgiving. So obviously, you’ll want to keep your air conditioner in good working order. But unfortunately, air conditioners have problem like any other part of your home. So we’ve compiled a collection of 10 common air conditioner problems and how you can avoid them to keep your home cool.
Problem: Poor Maintenance
No one likes spending money on maintenance, but you need to occasionally hire a professional service to maintain and inspect your air conditioning unit. Making sure your AC is in proper working order will keep the unit running longer.
A basement is an area in many homes that can be used for a multitude of purposes. But an unprotected basement can be a disaster for your home, leading to water damage, mold, mildew, and other issues that can be extremely costly. For this reason, preventing damage to your basement is an important part of keeping your home safe and strong. So here are some ways for you to prevent basement damage.
Inspect your basement for signs of flooding. Look for efflorescent remnants of previous flooding, which will show up as chalky white lines. If you see these lines, your basement has definitely flooded before. If your basement has flooded before, take appropriate steps to waterproof your basement walls and floor. (more…)
If you’re looking for a distinctive and enjoyable addition to your home, a sauna could be a great option. Home saunas are growing in popularity among homeowners, even in middle class homes. Another option that some are enjoying is the steam shower. Steam showers and saunas both offer relaxation and promote a healthier lifestyle, but use different methods to accomplish the same goal. While both are growing in popularity, it’s a good idea to know the differences between the two and which one could work for you. (more…)
Not only is our product line ideal for stopping water/moisture in your basement but it is the best radon mitigation system on the market! Sani-Tred is an extremely versatile product line with capabilities like no other . . . once you do your first project with Sani-Tred, you will think of endless possibilities to use it for.
Sani-Tred is the only material laboratory tested and proven to seal out over 99% of radon gas:
- Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States and is associated with 15,000 to 22,000 lung cancer deaths each year.
People cannot see, taste, feel, or smell radon and there is no way to sense the presence of this deadly gas. In some instances, Radon levels have significantly dropped nearly 99% after the application of our Sani-Tred products.
Look over the testing results below (Radon levels are commonly expressed in picocuries per liter of air (pCi/L), where a picocurie is a measure of radioactivity):
- Radon Levels Before Sani-Tred Installation: 155.3 pCi/L. (Level of Radon considered acceptable: Below 4.00 pCi/L).
- Radon Levels Immediately after Sani-Tred Installation: Main Living Area 0.2 pCi/L
- Radon Levels Immediately after Sani-Tred Installation: Secondary “Utility Area” 0.9 pCi/L (The only reason the utility area had a reading higher than the main living area is because that customer left an open earth pit for through pipe utilities).
Our products are easy to apply, self-leveling, and will last the lifetime of the substrate you apply it to! It will never bubble, crack, peel, or delaminate as long as instructions are followed and applied correctly. Below are the steps to apply in a basement to help reduce radon levels.
Products Needed: PermaFlex, LRB (Liquid Rubber Base) and TAV (Thickening Activator)
- Prepare the substrate. Make sure it is clean, dry, free of any previous applied products, loose substrate and foreign matter.
- Prime the substrate. Apply 1 coat of PermaFlex (240 sq ft per gal). Concrete block surfaces need 2 prime coats of PermaFlex because block is much more porous than standard poured concrete. The first coat of PermaFlex absorbs/penetrates into the substrate then cures to become as tough as a tire inside it. That is how PermaFlex permanently adheres.
- Patch” and profile any joints, seams, cracks, holes and rough areas using LRB/TAV mixture. 2-parts LRB (Liquid Rubber Base) is mixed with 1-part TAV (Thickening Activator) to create a thick caulk-like mixture. A 1″ diameter caulk bead of LRB/TAV mixture is applied where the wall meets the floor. Most cracks use a 3/4″ diameter caulk bead. LRB/TAV ‘Round Caulk Bead Calculator’
- ‘Topcoat’. Apply 1 coat of PermaFlex (240 sq ft per gal).
What are you waiting for? Call today and get a free quote! Seal your basement from water, moisture, vapor to prevent mold and eliminate dangerous problem Radon gas!
Traditional basement waterproofing companies will lead you to believe that all sorts of elaborate and expensive procedures will have to take place to effectively waterproof your basement. Digging, trenching, redirecting . . . basically doing an extremely involved and labor-extensive operation to take care of moisture in your basement.
What do we continue to see and hear from people that have gone the expensive route?
Moisture in their basements!
Why does Sani-Tred work when other liquid waterproofing products fail?
Other products simply do not work because they can’t hold back the vapor pressure exerted on them. PermaFlex on the other hand is a different animal…it’s flexible rubber “tentacle-like fingers” penetrate deep within the concrete/block and when moisture vapor/pressure presses against the flexible tentacles. All they can do is expand and swell tightly against the sides of the concrete capillaries making it impossible to blow the coating off.
590% elongation. Forever flexible and cures as tough as a truck tires inside of your basement walls . . . the perfect diy basement waterproofing product!
Is this the biggest secret in waterproofing?
Not really – 100,000+ customers over the last 25 years have proven the effectiveness of the Sani-Tred line over and over again!