Water features can bring a feel of sophistication to any backyard regardless of size or cost. While there are many DIY backyard water feature options out there, a very interesting one to consider is the backyard waterfall. Backyard waterfalls are stylish, natural water features that combine the feel of nature with the stunning beauty of waterfalls.
If you’re looking for a backyard water feature that is beautiful and practical, then a waterfall might be the choice for you. Use SANI-TRED to seal your backyard waterfall.
But if you’re still not sure if it’s for you, we’ve compiled a list of some DIY backyard waterfall pros and cons to help you better decide.
- Can be Installed Anywhere– Backyard waterfalls work anywhere as long as you have the space. There are virtually no restrictions on where the waterfall can be.
- Cleaner Air- Waterfalls contribute to evaporation, which increases humidity. This humidity makes the surrounding air cleaner and healthier. A backyard waterfall not only looks good, it can actually contribute to better health.
- Eye Catching– Backyard water falls can be stunning water features that contributes to the overall beauty and class of your property.
- Calming– You can bring tranquility and peacefulness to your backyard by complementing your landscaping with a waterfall.
- Safety– If you have small children, a waterfall with an open pool can be a serious drowning hazard. You should take steps to protect your children or others from possible safety threats.
- Maintenance– Backyard waterfalls require maintenance, from keeping leaves out of the water to maintaining ph balance. No backyard water feature (DIY or not) is without responsibilities and waterfalls come with their own.
- Backyard Pests– Unfortunately, some waterfalls attract pests, which threaten the tranquility of your backyard. Waterfalls can attract birds, frogs, even raccoons while mosquitoes can be a problem if your waterfall isn’t well maintained.
Now that you have the basics, it’s time to move on to the next step. If you’re still interested in a DIY backyard waterfall, do more research and decide what’s best for you.
For more information on waterproofing ponds and fountains, and other DIY backyard water features, visit SANI-TRED