Do-It-Yourself Basement Waterproofing
Permanently Waterproof Your Basement This Weekend!
Permanently waterproof your basement this weekend. The Sanitred basement sealing system stops all ground water entry, basement humidity, mildew odors and dampness problems by sealing the basement where it needs it most – on the inside. Our sealing system works on poured concrete, concrete block, brick and mortar, stone and mortar and is guaranteed for the life of the structure when installed correctly.
Proven by years of experience and thousands of customers, Sanitred products are solvent free, non-hazardous and non-flammable. The Sanitred system uses three products: PermaFlex®, LRB (Liquid Rubber Base) and TAV (Thickening Activator).
Permaflex is the top coat that seals basement walls and floors. It’s also functions as a first priming coat when using LRB (Liquid Rubber Base) and TAV (Thickening Activator). The priming coat fills pores, pock holes & pinholes in the substrate.
LRB (Liquid Rubber Base) and TAV (Thickening Activator)
These two products work together to patch and profile any joints, seams, cracks, holes or rough areas. Products are packaged separately because different mixes are required for different applications. For example, a 1-inch diameter caulk bead of LRB/TAV (1 part TAV, 2 parts LRB) mixture is applied where the wall meets the floor.
Using, ordering and installing the Sani-Tred system
We provide all the tools you need to take on a basement-waterproofing job. The links below have everything you need to get started.
- Detailed Installation instructions
- Basement calculator (to determine how much sealer you need for the job)
- Before and after pictures from other homeowners
- The science behind wet basements
Excess water in your basement not only limits your use of the space, it can cause a number of serious problems, from mold to weakening your home’s foundation. However, many homeowners put off repairing the problem because traditional solutions can be very expensive and ineffective.
- For a full cost comparison and break down click here.
Alternative methods treat only the exterior foundation wall coatings and can be very costly. They don’t promise to eliminate water in your basement, just to redirect it.
- For more information on the adverse effects of using alternative basement waterproofing systems, click here.
Sanitred takes a better approach using a different kind of waterproofing system. Sanitred is a simple three-step process that homeowners can apply themselves in a weekend. The products are solvent free, non-hazardous and non-flammable.
- For full information on how the Sani-tred Basement Waterproofing System works, click here.
Proven by years of experience and thousands of customers, the only way to completely waterproof a basement is on the inside of the basement walls and floors, not the outside. The Sanitred basement sealing system stops all ground water entry, basement humidity, mildew odors and dampness problems by sealing the basement where it needs it most – on the inside.
- For customer before and after photos, click here.
The Sani-Tred Difference
- SANI-TRED costs about 1/10 the cost of other systems
- SANI-TRED is 100% dependable, it always works
- SANI-TRED never needs energy, repair or maintenance
- SANI-TRED is the only system which eliminates the possibility of flooding
- SANI-TRED is the only system which eliminates humidity, problem radon, as well as water
Step by Step Basement Waterproofing
The following steps will show you How to Waterproof a Basement with SANI-TRED®.
- Prepare the surface area for waterproofing. Make sure the walls of the surface area are clean, dry and free of foreign matter or crumbling material.
- Prime the surface area. Apply one coat of PermaFlex (240 sq. ft. per gal.)
— Concrete block requires two prime coats of PermaFlex due to its porous nature.
- Patch and profile any joints, seams, cracks, holes or any rough areas using a LRB/TAV mixture (two parts LRB/one part TAV).
— Apply a 1’’ diameter caulk bead mixture where the wall meets the floor.
— Most cracks can be filled with a ¾” diameter caulk bead mixture.
- Apply a topcoat of PermaFlex (240 sq. ft. per gal.).
For detailed instructions including images and a how-to video, view our full installation page.
Try Before You Buy. Give Sani-Tred a try and order our Sample Packs which come with an Unconditional Money Back Guarantee of Satisfaction.