DIY Basement Waterproofing
Permanently Waterproof Your
Basement This Weekend!
Excess water in your basement not only limits your use of the space, it can cause a number of serious problems, from mold to weakening your home’s foundation.
However, many homeowners put off repairing the problem because traditional solutions can be very expensive. Solutions such as digging, foundation spraying, epoxy injection, saw cutting and jack hammering are the techniques normally suggested by waterproofing companies.
All of these methods treat only the exterior foundation wall coatings. “They don’t promise to eliminate water in your basement, just to redirect it. Sanitred takes a better approach using a different kind of waterproofing system. Many people say – “Let’s face facts, it is impossible to control flooding, humidity, mold and fungus when you allow water to enter a basement.”
Proven by years of experience and thousands of customers, the only way to completely waterproof a basement is on the inside of the basement walls and floors, not the outside. “The Sanitred basement sealing system stops all ground water entry, basement humidity, mildew odors and dampness problems by sealing the basement where it needs it most – on the inside.
On the inside of your basement the normal ground water table is generally found at about 4 feet below the surrounding grade. Most basement foundation footings are from 7 to 9 feet below ground level. This causes natural ‘hydraulic water pressure’ to cause leaks in basement walls, footings and floors. The exterior concrete foundation walls do not need to be protected from water; it is only the interior of the basement walls and floors that needs to be sealed.”
Sanitred is a simple three-step process that homeowners can apply themselves in a weekend. The products are solvent free, non-hazardous and non-flammable.
Step by Step Basement Waterproofing:
The following steps will show you How to Waterproof a Basement with SANI-TRED®.
1. “Prepare” the substrate. Make sure it is clean, dry, free of any previous applied products, foreign matter and loose or crumbling material.
2. “Prime” the substrate: Apply 1 coat of PermaFlex® (240 sq ft per gal). Concrete block surfaces need 2 prime coats of PermaFlex® basement waterproofing products because it is more porous than standard poured concrete. The first coat of PermaFlex® penetrates deep to permanently lock and seal within the pores of the concrete. The second coat begins filling the pores, pock holes & pin holes near the surface.
Sanitred’s Basement Waterproofing Products Unique Qualities explains and demonstrates how PermaFlex® basement waterproofing products permanently adheres to concrete.
Basement Waterproofing Preparation
3. “Patch” and profile any joints, seams, cracks, holes and rough areas using LRB/TAV mixture. 2-parts LRB (Liquid Rubber Base) is mixed with 1-part TAV (Thickening Activator) to create a thick caulk-like mixture. A 1″ diameter caulk bead of LRB/TAV mixture is applied where the wall meets the floor. Most cracks use a 3/4″ diameter caulk bead.
LRB/TAV “Round Caulk Bead Chart”
Primed Then Patched
Primed Then Patched Block Walls
4. “Topcoat”: Apply 1 coat of PermaFlex® (240 sq ft per gal).
Basement Waterproofing Top Coat Block Walls
Stone / Mortar Basement Waterproofing
Poured concrete basements need a total of 2 coats PermaFlex®; walls and floors. Concrete block walls need a total of 3 coats PermaFlex® because blocked walls are extremely porous. Once the SANI-TRED® basement waterproofing products have been applied, water, moisture or vapor can never enter the basement. PermaFlex® can be brushed, rolled or even sprayed! SANI-TRED® basement waterproofing products also eliminate problem radon.
Poured Concrete Basement
Try Before You Buy. Give SANI-TRED® a Try and Order our Sample Packs which come with an Unconditional Money Back Guarantee of Satisfaction.
Read More in the “Basement Waterproofing” Section:
- Indoor Basement Waterproofing
- More About Basement Sealing
- Basement Myths vs. Reality
- Basement FAQ’s
- Basement Photos
- Auto Basement Cost Calculator
- Basement Finishing Ideas
- Basement Waterproofing Testimonials