Water is cool, refreshing, and absolutely necessary for life. However, when water gets into your basement, it causes anxiety. No one wants to live with mold, water damage, and ugly unusable space in your house! The problem is that many options are expensive, and require extensive excavation, or modification of your home. Cheaper solutions often fail, and quite frankly, are temporary fixes that must be reapplied.
On Average SANI-TRED Costs $1.24 per sq ft
When compared to exterior basement waterproofing costs SANI-TRED is considerably less expensive as it is applied to the interior walls, eliminating the need for excavation equipment. Tar and plastic placed on exterior walls after excavating often lose their effectiveness by the time walls are backfilled.
Interior applications and joint fillers often harden to such an extent that they become brittle, crack, peel or flake off. The liquid rubber used in our PermaFlex product has been determined to last almost indefinitely in a basement-like environment, as it basically bonds with interior walls, forming o rings to fill molecular spaces which expand and contract with the concrete. Surface applications that cost more are not able to achieve the same level of integration as our basement repair product.
Do-it-yourself application of SANI-TRED offers the following advantages:
- SANI-TRED provides seamless waterproofing adhesion between concrete, iron and wood.
- SANI-TRED will never bubble, chip, peel, crack, delaminate or leak for the life of the structure
- Unique ability to permanently retain negative hydrostatic pressure
- Waterproof your basement and Eliminate Radon Gas at the same time
- SANI-TRED comes with life-time warranty
- Inexpensive and effective
- Try our Double Money Back Sample Packs if you wish to try before you buy
Our do it yourself basement repair products come with a lifetime warranty and are easy to install. Quickly estimate the cost of basement waterproofing using SANI-TRED with our Instant Basement Waterproofing Cost Calculator. A cost estimate for basement waterproofing with conventional methods is not the only actual cost of the job. Homeowners often receive estimates which seem inexpensive until they learn that the process only lasts until the next rainy season.
Exterior solutions vs. Interior solutions:
Exterior waterproofing projects are sometimes called “positive side” jobs because the aim is to prevent water from getting in the house.
- Excavation: Some contractors install underground trenches or perimeter drains which can be effective if done correctly, but not always foolproof. The downside is that the excavation can cost on average $20-30,000, and as much as $80,000. It also can set you back on your landscaping, and restoring your curb appeal.
- Sodium bentonite: Many experts don’t recommend this method of using clay to the soil around the home. The reason is, because it’s temporary, difficult to control, and clay can also clog outdoor drains. The cost for this method start around $500.
- Drain: This method channels water to the outside of your home through destructive holes or trench in the foundation and used with a sump pump. The downside is that it can be hard to finish a basement with that system. There is also the possibility of condensation and if the sump pump fails, the systems fails. Drainage systems start at around $2,000.
- Sealants: Many waterproofing experts don’t recommend sealants like Dry-Lok because of how easily they fail, making them basically temporary solutions. The cost of many sealant based waterproofing products are $4-8 a square foot.
Basement Waterproofing Cost Comparison
20’X40′ Basement With 8′ Tall Poured Concrete Walls
|Conservative Costs with other systems||Project Element||Other Systems||SANI-TRED System|
|$1,000.00||Exterior wall coating (no digging charges included)||Yes||NO|
|$200.00||Sump Pump Pit||Yes||NO|
|$350.00||Sump Pump Plumbing & Wiring||Yes||NO|
|$350.00||“Proper” Downspouts or Gutter requirements||Yes||NO|
|$300.00||Interior excavation, concrete cutting, drilling, jack hammering||Yes||NO|
|$600.00||Exterior Grading for “positive drainage”||Yes||NO|
|$800.00||Exterior drainage system||Yes||NO|
|$200.00||Floor Drains & Plumbing||Yes||NO|
|$50.00||Plastic Vapor Barrier||Yes||NO|
|$500.00||Radon Blowers & Plumbing||Yes||NO|
|Electricity, required maintenance, break down failure, possible flooding||Yes||NO|
|$9,000.00||Minimum Labor Costs for some of the above (but not all)||Yes||NO|
|COMPARE COSTS INSTALLED||Other Systems||SANI-TRED System|
|Total Average Cost: Other Systems Versus SANI-TRED System||$14,600||$2,095.50|
Other SANI-TRED Cost Benefits
|Other SANI-TRED Advantages or Bonuses|
|Exterior Coating which might contaminate ground water||Yes||NO|
|Waiting for exterior coating or inspectors to back fill||Yes||NO|
|Excuses for flooded basement||Yes||NO|
|Problems due to wet, humid, moldy, radon infested basements||Yes||NO|
|Unhappy customers due to costs or problems with all the above!||Yes||NO|
|Advantages Over Other Systems|
|Complete, Permanent Control of Water, Humidity & Radon||No||Yes|
|Completely Waterproof & Finish Basement Floors||No||Yes|
|Lifetime Basement Waterproofing Warranty||No||Yes|
|Lifetime Problem Radon Elimination Warranty||No||Yes|
|No Ground Water Contamination or potential liability||No||Yes|
|Eliminates All Problem Radon (except drinking water)*||No||Yes|
|Eliminates Fungus & Mold*||No||Yes|
|Reduces ground water from entering municipal waste systems*||No||Yes|
|Savings on poured concrete foundation over block||No||Yes|
|Quick, easy installation||No||Yes|
|*Denotes Environmentally Friendly|