If you’re looking for a quality basement waterproofer, you have quite the task ahead of you. Basement waterproofing should be a straight-forward process, but unfortunately, it’s not. There are a lot of waterproofers on the market, but not all are made equal. Liners and coatings litter your local home improvement store, but none are as durable and versatile as SANI-TRED®. In this post, let’s explore the SANI-TRED® process. We have given you a step by step, “how to waterproof a basement” guide that will insure your success.
Rain water is a resource that many people overlook. All too often, people see rain as either a personal nuisance or something “good for the farmers”, but not many think of how they can use rainwater for their own purposes. By installing a rain catcher, you can store and use free rainwater to water plants, yards, and gardens. Rain catchers are connected to existing gutters and downspouts to catch and store rainwater before it can drain into sewers and become contaminated. If you’re considering installing one for yourself, here’s a post to help you do just that.
NOTE: You can purchase rain catchers from most home improvement stores, with prices as low as $35 for collapsible units to upwards of $500 for larger, more ornate models.
Choose the best spot to place your rain catcher. It should be on a level surface next to a downspout that is near the area you want to water. Choose an area that can handle water overflow if the rain is just too much to handle. (more…)
Swimming pools are an awesome thing to have in your backyard. One thing about swimming pools is the variety you have in materials and construction. Pools come in different shapes, sizes, and materials, making them a truly customizable backyard feature. Before you install your pool, be aware of your options.
There are four basic types of swimming pool materials: Concrete, Vinyl, Fiberglass, and Above-Ground. In this article, we’ll go over each of these materials. (more…)
A vapor barrier is a plastic sheet placed between the layers of a wall to protect against vapor transmission and protect the interior of a structure. A vapor barrier is a crucial part of any home trying to keep harmful moisture out. By blocking vapor from entering your home, you’re protecting it from many water-related issues that would undoubtedly result over time. Many homes utilize a vapor barrier to protect their structure and to let you know more, here is a list of common uses for vapor barriers in your home.
On the outside
Many homeowners apply a vapor barrier to the sheathing underneath exterior siding. This creates a barrier between the siding and the exterior wall, stopping moisture from getting into the house from the outside.
In the attic
If your attic has exposed studs, you definitely need a vapor barrier. Even with exhaust fans, attics are much hotter and more humid than other places in your home. While exhaust fans get rid of much of the heat, they also bring in outside air, which adds moisture. Using a vapor barrier will protect your attic from moisture and keep it out of the rest of your home. (more…)
Not only is our product line ideal for stopping water/moisture in your basement but it is the best radon mitigation system on the market! Sani-Tred is an extremely versatile product line with capabilities like no other . . . once you do your first project with Sani-Tred, you will think of endless possibilities to use it for.
Sani-Tred is the only material laboratory tested and proven to seal out over 99% of radon gas:
- Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States and is associated with 15,000 to 22,000 lung cancer deaths each year.
People cannot see, taste, feel, or smell radon and there is no way to sense the presence of this deadly gas. In some instances, Radon levels have significantly dropped nearly 99% after the application of our Sani-Tred products.
Look over the testing results below (Radon levels are commonly expressed in picocuries per liter of air (pCi/L), where a picocurie is a measure of radioactivity):
- Radon Levels Before Sani-Tred Installation: 155.3 pCi/L. (Level of Radon considered acceptable: Below 4.00 pCi/L).
- Radon Levels Immediately after Sani-Tred Installation: Main Living Area 0.2 pCi/L
- Radon Levels Immediately after Sani-Tred Installation: Secondary “Utility Area” 0.9 pCi/L (The only reason the utility area had a reading higher than the main living area is because that customer left an open earth pit for through pipe utilities).
Our products are easy to apply, self-leveling, and will last the lifetime of the substrate you apply it to! It will never bubble, crack, peel, or delaminate as long as instructions are followed and applied correctly. Below are the steps to apply in a basement to help reduce radon levels.
Products Needed: PermaFlex, LRB (Liquid Rubber Base) and TAV (Thickening Activator)
- Prepare the substrate. Make sure it is clean, dry, free of any previous applied products, loose substrate and foreign matter.
- Prime the substrate. Apply 1 coat of PermaFlex (240 sq ft per gal). Concrete block surfaces need 2 prime coats of PermaFlex because block is much more porous than standard poured concrete. The first coat of PermaFlex absorbs/penetrates into the substrate then cures to become as tough as a tire inside it. That is how PermaFlex permanently adheres.
- Patch” and profile any joints, seams, cracks, holes and rough areas using LRB/TAV mixture. 2-parts LRB (Liquid Rubber Base) is mixed with 1-part TAV (Thickening Activator) to create a thick caulk-like mixture. A 1″ diameter caulk bead of LRB/TAV mixture is applied where the wall meets the floor. Most cracks use a 3/4″ diameter caulk bead. LRB/TAV ‘Round Caulk Bead Calculator’
- ‘Topcoat’. Apply 1 coat of PermaFlex (240 sq ft per gal).
What are you waiting for? Call today and get a free quote! Seal your basement from water, moisture, vapor to prevent mold and eliminate dangerous problem Radon gas!
If you need to waterproof or repair a new basement foundation, swimming pool, garage, driveway then the Sani-Tred line of products is the choice for you. Easy to apply and will last the life of the structure. Sani-Tred products cure to become as tough as a tire and remains permanently flexible throughout.
Need slip resistance around the pool deck? Use our Rubber Granules to create a textured, slip-resistant surface around the pool deck.
Have an old pool that has cracks, joints, holes, rough areas or leaks? No worries with Sani-Tred products. Our simple 3 step application will have your pool repaired in just a weekend.
Here is a 55 year old pool where our customer used Sani-Tred products to seal cracks and waterproof his pool. He is thrilled with the results!
“Thanks again for all of your help. Look at the results. Our 55 year old pool is ready for the 4th of July thanks to you and your wonderful product.”
Whether you need to waterproof and repair new or old construction, Sani-Tred products can do it!
Today I talked to Carlos Touzan of TG Oil Service from the Miami, Florida area and he was overly excited and happy about the possibilities of the Sani-Tred product line for the future of his business (specifically for elevator pit waterproofing).
Why was he so happy?
After finishing a problem elevator pit waterproofing project in Miami a few weeks ago, the area was hit hard with rain. Carlos told me it rained a good amount this past Friday and all day on Saturday and he couldn’t wait to visit his client at the building where this problem elevator pit was located at. When he arrived at the building Monday morning, he was greeted by a MORE THAN HAPPY customer.
His customer could not not believe that he was not looking at two to three feet of water in the pit like he was accustomed to after that type of rain. Carlos got into the pit to closely inspect things and this is what he found . . . absolutely NOTHING!
During our phone conversation, Carlos told me that he’s never worked with more effective waterproofing materials than Sani-Tred’s PermaFlex and Liquid Rubber Base. He looked and closely examined every spot in the elevator pit where traditionally there might be a concern for water entry and he told me that he couldn’t find any water . . . not even one bit moisture!
Here is Carlos showing the problems in that elevator pit before waterproofing:
After examining virtually all other products and systems that are being sold to unsuspecting customers in chain stores and over the Internet, the first thing you’ll notice is that none of them provide any evidence that what they are trying to sell you for basement waterproofing is possible to actually work! Most things being marketed for basement waterproofing are not even waterproof themselves (cement, latex paint, tar etc.).
The bulk of so-called professional waterproofing systems do not seal the water out of the basement . . . their method is to actually put holes in the walls and floors to allow unlimited water into the basement and then pump it out.
- What happens to your finished basement if the pump or power fails?
- What about all of that humidity they let into the basement with all that water?
- What happens if the electricity grid shuts down for days at a time during heavy rain storms?
Ask the suppliers of the other products or systems to match just one of these five things so you can compare their products or systems with SANI-TRED.
Make them give you something in writing or show you any evidence that what they’re selling is actually effective at what they are selling it for. Make them prove that they are not just selling cheap marketing hype and that there system has the qualities and or lifespan endurance to seal and waterproof your basement.
- SANI-TRED is the only indoor basement waterproofing products on the global market that is tough enough for waterproofing heavy duty industrial basement floors along with bridges and road surfaces!
- SANI-TRED is the only product on the GLOBAL market that offers small sample packs to allow any customer to try SANI-TRED and compare before you buy. OTHER PRODUCTS ARE AFRAID TO DO THIS.
- SANI-TRED is the only product on the GLOBAL market that has over a 25 year track record of success with unmatched customer satisfaction of any other basement waterproofing system. We have a huge list of satisfied SANI-TRED customers that have given us voluntary testimonials.
- Have them show product quality test specifications to compare to SANI-TRED such as tensile strength, elongation, waterproof ability negative hydrostatic pressure testing etc.
- Make them offer you the same SANI-TRED Limited life of the structure warranty.
Learn more about our 3 main products to permanently waterproof your basement:
With the recent excessive snow in the Buffalo, New York area (seven plus feet of the stuff in some areas), people are nervous about how they are going to stop the threatening waters from entering their basement as temperatures warm up. Plenty of homeowners are going to be severely disappointed when their basement waterproofing “protection” fails and they’re left with an expensive mess.
Traditional basement waterproofing consists of letting the water in then pumping the water out (which always just re-enters right where it came from). Doesn’t it make sense to plug the leak? If your boat is taking on water . . . instead of just trying to get the water out wouldn’t a smarter approach be to plug the hole(s) first?
Concrete, concrete block and other masonry products consist on a whole bunch of “holes” . . . whether microscopic holes or larger. These capillaries are typically the method of entry of water into your basement (besides cracks & voids). Our PermaFlex works by deeply penetrating the microscopic holes with a “gasket–like” effect inside of the surface. When vapor moisture pressure is present, the flexible gaskets swell and tighten-up against the inside of tiny holes completely preventing water from getting through (and from the coating from ever blowing off).
Cracks and voids are addressed by our LRB and TAV products to plug-up the larger areas that need treated.
We just don’t mitigate water by lessening the amount of water in your basement, we ELIMINATE it! Visit our basement waterproofing page to learn more about the benefits of our Do-It-Yourself system then CONTACT US TODAY to order!