Plywood Deck Repair Coating
Heavy Duty, Textured, Slip-Resistant, Wood Deck Sealer, Repair, and Resurfacing
Sani-Tred deck repair and deck coating products have been recognized as one of the best deck waterproofing and rubber deck coating systems while providing our customers with ease of use and affordable prices. Sani-Tred’s wood deck coatings will renovate, waterproof, and repair any wood deck, plywood deck, treated plywood or plywood floor while maintaining its performance for the life of the structure.
Sani-Tred’s wood deck restoration products resist delamination due to PermaFlex’s unique penetrating ability. A traditional deck sealer is no comparison to Sani-Tred’s non skid deck coating system. Sani-Tred products have been designed to permanently adhere to most common building materials through its unique characteristics and qualities it possesses like Flexible Penetration Technology®, Permanent Elongation®, Elongation Memory Technology® and being impervious to water/moisture. These unique qualities make Sani-Tred for deck refinishing or deck resurfacing.
We have two different systems for plywood deck coating; a smooth plywood floor system and our textured slip-resistant system. Our smooth system is recommended indoor or where mopping and sweeping is the typical method of cleaning. For instance a garage floor, basement floors, covered patios, commercial kitchen floors, and many other types of areas. Anything smooth could be considered slippery when wet. Our textured slip-resistant system is recommended for outdoor walking areas or where moping is not the typical method of cleaning. Anything textured will not mop, is harder to sweep, but is very slip-resistant even when wet.
Our textured slip-resistant plywood floor system, shown below, would be the wood deck coating to create an easily sanitized surface, providing slip-resistance, and a seamless & monolithic finish far superior to any epoxy deck coating. Sani-Tred is not your typical plywood deck coating. Other deck coatings flake, chip, crack, or blister when performing simple wood deck cleaning tasks. Sani-Tred cannot delaminate when pressure washed at a raw edge and cannot be removed even by sand blasting! Epoxies by nature become hard, brittle and become harder & more brittle with age. Sani-Tred products maintain 600% elongation/flexibility permanently with the simplicity of being a do it yourself concrete flooring.
Sani-Tred LRB (Liquid Rubber Base) is a self-leveling fluid that will cure at any thickness in one or multiple applications for concrete floor restoration and concrete floor resurfacing. Using LRB any rough or irregular floor can be easily made smooth and monolithic. LRB can be mixed with TAV (Thickening Activator) to create a thickened mixture of caulk-like viscosity for any & all patching of joints, seams, cracks, or holes whether horizontal, vertical, or inverted.
Step by Step Textured Slip Resistant Plywood Floor & Deck:
1. The first thing you would do is prepare the substrate. Remove any loose crumbly substrate, make sure the substrate is clean, dry, free of any previous applied products, and foreign matter. Shown with seams pre V-cut or routed.
2. Prime the substrate with 1 coat of PermaFlex (240 sq ft per gal). This first coat of PermaFlex will penetrate into the plywood then cure to become as tough as a tire inside the plywood. This penetration enables Sani-Tred PermaFlex to permanently adhere to the substrate for the life of the structure.
3. Patch and profile any joints, seams, cracks, holes, or rough areas using LRB/TAV mixture (Liquid Rubber Base mixed with Thickening Activator). 2-parts LRB is mixed with 1-part TAV to create the thickest mixture possible. This mixture is approx the same viscosity as traditional caulk. Wall/floor junctions require a 1” diameter caulk bead of LRB/TAV mixture. All plywood seams (and most other seams) use a 3/4″ diameter caulk bead. LRB/TAV mixture will molecularly weld to the prime coat of PermaFlex.
4. Apply LRB (Liquid Rubber Base) over the entire surface to create a permanent, impervious, waterproof membrane. Our life time membrane for textured applications over plywood is applied at 80 sq’ per gal (20 mils thick). The LRB membrane will molecularly weld to the previous application and at this point the deck is 100% waterproof.
5. Apply 1 coat of PermaFlex (240 sq ft per gal). While the PermaFlex is still wet, broadcast the Rubber Granules onto the wet coating (0.25# per sq’). When the PermaFlex has cured you will have bonded the Rubber Granules in place. Excess granules should be removed by sweeping, blowing, or vacuuming.
6. Apply 1 coat of LRB (80 sq ft per gal) on top of the Rubber Granules. This coat will encapsulate the Rubber Granules and bind them together. Once the LRB has cured enough to walk on, proceed to the next step.
7. Topcoat using 1 coat of PermaFlex (240 sq ft per gal).
Simple Textured Floor System For a Slip Resistant, Seamless, Easy to Clean Surface!