Bathrooms are an important part of any home, but they come with their own challenges. Bathrooms deal with more water and moisture than any other part of your home. A bathroom that is properly protected and waterproofed can deal with any water related issues that may come up, but you need to make sure you know what could go wrong before it does go wrong. For that reason, we’ve compiled a list of bathroom maintenance tips for you to follow.
First, it’s a good idea to monitor every issue in this list on a regular basis so you can fix any issues as soon as they show up. This will help you keep your bathroom clean, safe, and looking great.
Bath Tub and Shower
- Make sure you replace any cracked tile and maintain grout lines in your tile shower.
- Maintain caulking at joints where the tub or shower meets the wall. This will keep water from getting between the shower and the wall area.
- If your shower/bath tub is having trouble draining, use commercial drain cleaner to get rid of any clogs. If the problem persists, it may indicate a structural problem with the floor. Consult with a professional to deal with this bathroom problem before it gets bigger.
Sinks and Cabinets
- Sinks deal with moisture and humidity on a regular basis. Keep your eye on the area around and under the sink for leaking or water damage.
- As with showers, keep pipes free of clogs.
- Replace cracked or loose seals.
- Pay attention to floors and walls in the bathroom for signs of moisture or stains as they may be an indication of water damage from pipes beneath the wall. If a problem does appear, hire a plumber.
- Check for leaks in every part of the toilet, including the area around the base, under the water tank, water lines, and the hose. Any leak can cause problems for not only your toilet, but also the floor in your bathroom.
- Watch for moisture on the floor around your toilet. If you see this moisture, check for leaks in the rim and seals.
The SANI-TRED Solution
Luckily, SANI-TRED can help prevent or correct many of these common bathroom water problems. SANI-TRED products, including PermaFlex, LRB (Liquid Rubber Base), and TAV (Thickening Activator), can repair virtually any surface, material, or area that needs waterproofing. Our one-of-a-kind products adhere to surfaces, penetrate deep into the pores of the material, harden to the consistency of a truck tire, and protect from water damage permanently all without chipping, flaking, peeling, or delaminating. SANI-TRED can be used to waterproof for a whole host of applications, including bathroom maintenance.
As always, every water-related issue is unique. But for cases that need a strong waterproofing material to keep water where it belongs, SANI-TRED could be the perfect solution.