Everyone needs a space to call their own. While your home is a great place for your family to come together, it’s also a good idea to have a room to yourself where you can do what you want. Men, let’s face it; between your wives and kids, your house is going to be either cute or filled with kids toys. But what about a space for you? A place where a man can be a man. That’s why you need a man cave.
What is a Man Cave?
A man cave is an extra room in your house where men can get together, turn on the TV, have a few beers, and just relax without coasters and cartoons.
Basement man caves are growing in popularity as more and more men are finding them a nice way to find refuge from work and family.
Most people who are building a man cave find the basement to be the best place because it’s an extra room that many homes already have.
Essential Parts of a Man Cave
So you want a man cave basement, but don’t know where to begin. What do you need to build a great man cave? First, you’ll need the essentials to get you started. Once you’ve got the right room picked out and have decided whether it’s a social or personal man cave, now you need to add the must have items for your man cave.
- TV- You’ll definitely need a television to watch the latest sports event with your friends
- Bar and Fridge- Store and serve drinks to your friends all in the comfort of your basement
- Recliner- You’ll need a place to sit while watching the big game
- Pool Table- Enjoy a nice game of pool with friends to pass the time
- Poker Table- Sometimes you just want to get together with the gang and play some cards
- Sports Memorabilia- Add some sports flair to your man cave
- Extra Seating- Remember you’ll have friends there wanting to watch the game too
- Posters- Another accent for your room
- Bar Stools- How else are your friends going to enjoy their drinks?
- Personal Touches- Make the man cave fit your style
How to Start Your Man Cave
Wondering how to build your man cave in the basement? First, decide on whether you’re going to use your existing space or completely renovate the room to create a truly custom space.
If you’re renovating the area to build your man cave, you’ll need to waterproof your basement first. The best man cave is no good if it fills with water like an actual cave. Waterproofing is easy with Sani-Tred and can protect your basement man cave permanently.
For more information on how to waterproof your basement, visit https://sanitred.com/how-to-waterproof-a-basement/
Using Sani-Tred to waterproof your basement is the first step in starting your very own man cave.
Once you’ve waterproofed your basement, you’re now ready to build your very own man cave.
How to Make a Man Cave
Buy Man Cave Supplies
Build a Man Cave on a Budget