Not only is our product line ideal for stopping water/moisture in your basement but it is the best radon mitigation system on the market! SANI-TRED is an extremely versatile product line with capabilities like no other . . . once you do your first project with SANI-TRED, you will think of endless possibilities to use it for.
SANI-TRED is the only material laboratory tested and proven to seal out over 99% of radon gas:
- Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States and is associated with 15,000 to 22,000 lung cancer deaths each year.
People cannot see, taste, feel, or smell radon and there is no way to sense the presence of this deadly gas. In some instances, Radon levels have significantly dropped nearly 99% after the application of our SANI-TRED products.
Look over the testing results below (Radon levels are commonly expressed in picocuries per liter of air (pCi/L), where a picocurie is a measure of radioactivity):
- Radon Levels Before SANI-TRED Installation: 155.3 pCi/L. (Level of Radon considered acceptable: Below 4.00 pCi/L).
- Radon Levels Immediately after SANI-TRED Installation: Main Living Area 0.2 pCi/L
- Radon Levels Immediately after SANI-TRED Installation: Secondary “Utility Area” 0.9 pCi/L (The only reason the utility area had a reading higher than the main living area is because that customer left an open earth pit for through pipe utilities).
Our products are easy to apply, self-leveling, and will last the lifetime of the substrate you apply it to! It will never bubble, crack, peel, or delaminate as long as instructions are followed and applied correctly. Below are the steps on how to seal cracks in a basement floor for radon reduction with SANI-TRED.
Products Needed: PermaFlex, LRB (Liquid Rubber Base) and TAV (Thickening Activator)
- Prepare the substrate. Make sure it is clean, dry, free of any previously applied products, loose substrate and foreign matter.
- Prime the substrate. Apply 1 coat of PermaFlex (240 sq ft per gal). Concrete block surfaces need 2 prime coats of PermaFlex because block is much more porous than standard poured concrete. The first coat of PermaFlex absorbs/penetrates into the substrate then cures to become as tough as a tire inside it. That is how PermaFlex permanently adheres.
- Patch” and profile any joints, seams, cracks, holes and rough areas using LRB/TAV mixture. 2-parts LRB (Liquid Rubber Base) is mixed with 1-part TAV (Thickening Activator) to create a thick caulk-like mixture. A 1″ diameter caulk bead of LRB/TAV mixture is applied where the wall meets the floor. Most cracks use a 3/4″ diameter caulk bead. LRB/TAV ‘Round Caulk Bead Calculator’
- ‘Topcoat’. Apply 1 coat of PermaFlex (240 sq ft per gal).
What are you waiting for? Call today and get a free quote! Seal your basement from water, moisture, vapor to prevent mold and eliminate dangerous problem Radon gas!