Wondering how to choose a basement waterproofing contractor? You can investigate on your own to find the right waterproofing company or contractor to meet your needs by doing the following before having any work started:
Check the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
Make sure company or contractor is Licensed and Bonded
Request and check References
Look into the Company’s History
Find out if company has earned any Certificates or Awards
Have a Written Contract spelling out details
The Better Business Bureau (BBB)
The Better Business Bureau is a repository for customer complaints and ratings on job performance. The BBB investigates the company’s handling of each complaint. The information can easily be found on the BBB’s website for the local area and will indicate to what extent a company guarantees or stands behind their products and/or service.
Fully Licensed & Bonded
No one should ever hire a contractor that isn’t fully licensed and bonded to work in that state. Unless a fully licensed professional waterproofing contractor, who is certified, completes the work the warranties on any waterproofing products used on the job will most likely be null and void.
Any company in good standing will gladly give you references from current and former customers. Providing references to potential customers is a very common practice and a great way to find out what you need to know about the company you are considering hiring. Do not be shy about asking for contact information on the customer and details on the scope and length of the job. Personally call each reference and inquire about all aspects of the job.
Companies can be here today and gone tomorrow and this will easily be uncovered when a company seems to have no discernible history. A reputable service provider, such as a waterproofing company should easily have a verifiable, established company history, which would indicate how well they take care of their customers.
Certificates & Awards
Leaders in the basement waterproofing industry will surely have earned certificates and awards in recognition of their ability and track record of doing outstanding work and providing excellent customer service over the years.
Agreed Upon Written Contract
A fully agreed upon written contract is always necessary to protect all parties. If a waterproofing company is willing to do the job in the absence of having everything in writing that should raise a red flag. Every line should be read and initialed to indicate you understand every word in the contract. Inspect the contract front and back for any fine print. A valid contract would include all the pertinent details regarding the job to be done, an estimate of the length of time it will take to do the work and of course an estimate of the total cost. Make sure you receive the guarantees and warranties in writing and have a full understanding of their scope before any work begins.
The Do-It-Yourself Waterproofing Alternative
Waterproofing a basement yourself may seem like a daunting task but we have helped over 100,000 Do-It-Yourselfers apply our product with clear step by step instructions, and free phone support.
SANI-TRED® was started over 20 years ago with the goal to create the world’s first permanent DIY waterproofing solution. We have developed the only indoor waterproofing system that completely seals basements and more permanently, no matter how wet or deteriorated. SANI-TRED permanently increases the value of any home with its lifetime warranty.
See How Sani-Tred Compares:
- Check the Better Business Bureau (BBB)- Sani-Tred has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- Request and check References- Sani-Tred has helped over 100,000 satisfied customers and has 100’s of positive reviews which can be viewed here https://sanitred.com/sanitred-reviews/
- Look into the Company’s History- Sani-Tred is no fly-by-night and has been in business for over 25 years. We have been trusted by some of America’s most trusted companies including: Disney, Samsung, UPS, and the USMC see some of our past customers here https://sanitred.com/high-profile-customers/
- Find out if company has earned any Certificates or Awards- Sani-Tred products have been certified by The University of Wisconsin to block 99% of Radon from basements, and approved by the USDA for use in food service facilities.
- Have a Written Contract spelling out details- Sani-Tred products have a lifetime warranty for basement waterproofing.
Learn more by visiting https://sanitred.com/basement-waterproofing or by calling our pros at 1-866-784-3308.